RELOCATION: to Einhoven, Netherlands (visa sponsorship)
The activities will take place within the ‘Innovation and Development’ (I&D) department. The I&D team consists of over 80 software developers who work on a suite of highly advanced software tools that are used by the product creation and validation department to create the products for our customers.
The work environment is mainly Linux based. Some products we also build for windows. We follow a continuous integration and release model. We have our main repository in Eindhoven and have to synchronize to our offices in China.
The Company has a professional I&D department executing projects at CMMI level 2.
Activities comprise the development of software that is used to convert digital geographic data to the Company’s internal database format dHive. Other software is developed to extract various output formats from dHive. The input data can originate from local suppliers in one country, or from global parties such as Here (former Nokia Location & Commerce, former NAVTEQ) or TomTom (former TeleAtlas) Licensing.
Our current CMS system is based on Bitbucket/GIT. We have recently migrated from Bazaar to GIT. From our Bazaar period, we still have a legacy custom build Perl based CMS layer, which we like to replace by a more off the shelf solution based on Jenkins.
We are looking for an experienced Software Configuration Manager who can design and implement our new CMS environment as well as operationally maintain the current system.
- A MSc or BSc degree, preferably in computer science: with at least 10 years relevant work experience.
Knowledgeable of relevant tools:
- Knowledgeable of programming and scripting languages like:
- Experienced in general CMS topics like:
• Branching models (promotional models, GIT flow, ...)
• Cascaded build models
• Continuous integration and release strategies
• Multi-site CMS solutions
• Hybrid build environment (Linux and Windows)
- A senior in Software Configuration Management or capable to act on that level (e.g. an experienced Software developer with the required skill set)
- Knowledge of Linux (as development environment)
- Independent and creative.
- Good communication skills to align on work status and approach
- Experience in rolling out new CMS solutions including end user training
- Command of written and spoken English.
- A good employment package, including market level salary, 13th month, 30 holiday days
- Flexible work hours.
- You will be working in a competent, young and dynamic team.
- An informal company with a solid customer base.